Monday, January 30, 2012

Wild, wicked woolly wind

Today is not a good day.  The wind is doing my head completely in.  It is reaching gusts of over 100kmh plus it is very warrm Nor'wester so this in itself is depressing.  It reminds me of the fohn winds that Canterbury gets which is one reason I couldn't live there.  Suicide rates rise rapidly during the fohn wind season, and I can totally understand why. Your whole being feels completely exhausted, the eyes very heavy and there is absolutely no such thing as any energy left, complete with a migraine type headache and you have one horrible day set out in front of you.
The countdown is now on for getting back to work.  I am in two minds about it.  I have loved my six weeks of holidaying.  Checking off the 'todo' list has been rewarding, things like painting the laundry and bathroom; getting the garden spruced up and looking lovely again; sifting through old clothes and books and at times I seriously consider giving up work and being a lady of leisure but on the other hand, I love the company at work, the rewarding feeling of coming home after a day of work.  And the money is always handy. So for another year, I will get up each morning, albeit grudgingly (mornings are not my strong point), head off to work, catch up on the latest news, enjoy good company and review it again next summer holidays.


No comments:

Post a Comment